Thursday, November 02, 2006

*** Todos Los Santos ***

For 14 years, I have been going to Manila Memorial Park Parañaque for the traditional visit to the grave on November 1st. I used to hate, because I really don't like going to Memorial Park when there are so many people. It's so dirty, and so many garbage are lying around. But in some ways I enjoy it because I get to see my cousins and spend the night together chitchatting. I miss doing that. Things have been pretty different now. We all have our own lives, our families, and you know, not everyone is present anymore. And i miss those days.

When Daddy was still alive, we used to go to Laguna and spend our Todos Los Santos in the grave of my maternal grandparents. All of my maternal cousins will be there, and we would go or they would treat me to a perya and since that's the only time that I see those things, it's always an excitement to go home to Laguna. But when Daddy passed away, we go to Manila Memorial and spend our Halloween's and All Saint's Day there. If we're not busy on the 2nd, mom and I would go to Parañaque Cemetery and visit my paternal grandparents.

Hay, those were the days.

Badtrip... lost my concentration.

No comments: