Monday, October 23, 2006

*** The Weeks After ***

Almost a month after Delaine's untimely demise, things are back to our normal state. We have been going on with our lives, which is what we know she wants. I got to talk to her siblings last week, and we all feel the same way. "Parang nasa abroad lang si Delaine". Which is true. It feels like she's just somewhere out there, not physically present, but you just know she's there.

As for me, I have been trying so hard to get over my trauma. I can now go to the bathroom of my office alone. During the first week, it was so hard for me to go to the bathroom alone. But now, I'm fine, although there are times that I just leave the door of the bathroom open (not the cubicle alright!) :D

It took me two weeks to actually sleep again without the lights. Imagine the sacrifice hubby and my babies are doing. It was so hard for me to sleep with out the lights. I honestly cant breathe. I cant sleep. But thanks to my hubby's patience and support, now I can go to bed without the lights, just like before. :D

I have also been trying to take a bath without somebody waiting for me outside our bathroom. The last weeks, I always wake up hubby to accompany me to go down stairs, but this morning, I was able to do it alone! Yahoo! What an accomplishment! :D

But still, there are times that I find myself thinking about what happened. I know in due time, all things will heal. Just imagine, I'm just her friend, and I feel like this. What more does her siblings feel?

I know that in God's own good time, everything will heal, and that everything will be near-normal state again.

And I pray for that to happen soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-)